07 July 2010

Catch A Falling Star































My last post got me thinking of star gazing and how much I love looking at the night sky.That's one of my biggest memories of  being younger - laying on the grass and looking at all the stars.  Migosh you have a lot more time when you're a kid!

I remember Alice Knight's big brother asked me out for a night of meteor shower watching in their back yard on inner tubes and after accepting I chickened out at the last minute.  He probably thought I didn't like him, but he was very nice, just older and I was afraid he would put moves on me I wouldn't know how to handle.

That has nothing to do with this post.... I just still feel bad about it.  I was always ditching dates because I was a big scaredy cat of boys.  I guess I should say afraid of non-mormon boys.  Not that mormon boys were guaranteed to behave, but they at least knew better and you could give them a disapproving look and threaten to tell their mother. I have no idea why I keep talking about this...

So.... I was wondering if there was any jewellry out there that caught how I felt about stars and space and living in the space age, and after probing the final frontiers of the internet,  here's what I found.  (There was a cute Sputnik charm bracelet, too, but they sold it. It's ok, though, just knowing there were Sputnik charm bracelets is as good as owning one)

 1.   Crystal Cuff by Space Mermaid
 2.   Space Necklace by Blackberry Winter, earth friendly jewellry
 3.   Moon and Star Pendant by Markdefrates
 4.   Nantan Star Meteorite Pendant by Meteorites For Sale 
 5.   Glass Necklace by Erica Rosefeld via Haute Nature
 6.   Simply Steamy lapel pin by Nouveaumotely via Etsy
 7.   Dream Necklace by Space Mermaid
 8    Crown Tifari Starburst Pin and Earrings by The Two Sisters, via Rubylane
 9.   Asymmetrical Star Disk Earrings by chaosandlament on Etsy
10.  Blue Moon Pendant by Jacob Albee Goldsmith
11.  Rocket Cufflinks by Space Age Jewelry via Alphaville
12.  Miss Wax Space Necklace via The Giant Peach13.  Green Stars Resistor Earrings by digiBling via Etsy



2 comments:

Crys said...

This is a fun post to read right now cause I can see a billion stars at my G-ma's house. makes me think of Jones and love. secure love. :)

The Starter House said...

i wonder if she'll ever post again?
what happened to "merelylooking at family?"
love you! miss your blog...