22 June 2010

Keeping an Ion...

Some people wear their true love's photo in a locket around their neck.  I think it would be more honest if I wore this necklace by raven of Molecular Muse - it's the molecule for chocolate.
 
Speaking of chocolate (and when are we not?) In Praise of Sardines' Brett Emerson explains step by step how you can actually whip chocolate - the way one whips cream to make whipping cream or butter.  Chocolate has enough fat in it that it can literally be whipped into fluffy mounds.  All by itself, nothing added. Discovered by those crafty Molecular Gastronomers. That's gotta be good.  If that whets your appetite, Think Geek has a Molecular Gastronomy starter kit - just looking at the cola caviar makes my mouth salivate, I can just imagine that burst of flavour.  I envision them being like little, juicy mandarin orange beads - I hope they're not corn starch globs. How disappointing that would be! Go here for a recap of My Last Bite's fruit caviar adventure, which seemed to turn out much more fun and promising than Julie's Kitchen.
When you're done with your culinary amazingness, It would be very apropos to display it all in a nice Bucky Bowl, named in honour of Buckminister Fuller,  inventor/discoverer of the geodesic dome and buckey balls.


1 comment:

MelancholySmile said...

I love that necklace-- how do you find this stuff? Insomnia again? And I read the whole tutorial on whipping chocolate. I think I have to try it. Especially since he actually did it and discloses all the problems. {his "go Brett!" made me laugh!}